• info@sakten.com

Popularly known as Lhundub Rinchentse, the Dzong was built in 1654 by the Trongsa Penlop Chogyal Minjur Tempa at a site where  the small temple built by Nagi Wangchuk in 1552 once stood. Built on a hill overlooking the Kurichu, the dzong is used as the administrative and the religious centre of the district today. It houses many sacred artifacts that were installed by the 4th Druk Desi (Temporal Ruler) Tenzin Rabgay.